I love to cook and enjoy trying new recipes. One of my favorite things to do is to find a recipe and make it my own. That’s what I did here with this lamb and lentil recipe.
I hope you enjoy making (and eating!) this easy lamb casserole recipe as much as I did. It will take your taste buds on a trip to India!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 grams lamb breast, chopped (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 jar (113 grams/4 ounces) Thai red curry paste or Indian curry paste of your choice
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 350 ml (about 1 1/2 cups) hot lamb stock or chicken stock (I use chicken)
- 330 grams (about 12 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) spinach
- 1 can (390 grams/14 ounces) green lentils, drained (If using dried lentils, soak overnight)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- steamed rice, for serving
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or skillet. Brown the lamb in batches. Transfer lamb to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Cook the onion in the lamb juices for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, garam masala and curry paste.
- Return the lamb to the pan and add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and lentils and warm through for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with steamed rice and a spoonful of yogurt.
Note: I used leftover lamb roast instead of cooking a fresh lamb breast. It turned out great!
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.