Corned beef and cabbage is a simple recipe to make. This is one of the easiest corned beef and cabbage recipes you’ll find – and one of the tastiest.
With easy prep and just a few simple ingredients, why not surprise your family with this easy recipe on St. Patrick’s Day? The leftovers freeze and reheat well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 3 1/2 hours
Total Time: 3 1/2 to 3 hours and 45 minutes
- 1 corned beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 bay leaves
- spice packet from the corned beef package (optional)
- 2 pounds red or white potatoes, cut in half if large
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, cut into wedges
Here’s how to make it:
- Place the corned beef, bay leaves and seasoning pack (if using) into a Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add the potatoes, onions and celery. Continue to cook about 30 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the corned beef, shred and return to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.